Wednesday, November 3, 2010

In other news

How could I have forgotten the big news? Since we moved to Columbia (as I have posted about a time or two), I have been looking for a job.
I have been working part-time at Sylvan, and getting some good hours there, continuing to teach for the University of Phoenix, and subbing when able to (it wasn't as bad as I thought, but not the same as having my own classroom).

However, beginning November 15, that will change. I will be working a job - 8-5 in Jefferson City with the state. I will be a Research Associate for Fiscal Affairs. I don't have much budgeting experience or much experience with financial information, but I am excited for the possibilities that this new job will bring.

We will need to look into buying a new car, sooner, rather than later. I had hoped to get another couple of years out of both of them, but it looks like the Grand Am will be traded in soon (as soon as we can find the paperwork, figure out financing, find a car that we can afford, etc.). Having both of us actually earning real salaries will help with car payments, although we will need to find some sort of daycare for the baby (and figure out how to pay for that).

So, that's the big news!

No comments: